Position: CARE CO-ORDINATOR
Hours Full Time
Salary Scale £20k+ depending on experience + company car after probation
Responsible to: Registered Care Manager
Responsible for: Care Workers
Schedules & Co-Ordination
Main Purpose of: To manage the Co-ordination of Care Workers Hours.
Key Objectives: To ensure ALL clients’ calls are allocated effectively.
- To ensure the Co-Ordination of Care workers duties and allocated hours for client visits are adequately and appropriately staffed at all times.
- To ensure records are kept in accordance with CQC requirements, Smart Care’s policies and procedures and contractual obligations.
- On – Call duties will be available if you wish to participate. (rates attached)
- Attend any emergency care calls.
- To ensure all On Call changes are made daily.
- Ensure all Scheduling queries are acted on promptly.
- Load new clients onto Care Manager System and maintain full accurate record within history on Care Manager.
- To liaise closely with Care Managers and other professionals regarding each Service User.
- To liaise closely with relatives, representatives and advocates, as appropriate, regarding each Service User.
- To manage, guide, motivate and support all Care Workers within the team
- To advise the Care Manager of any changes to the staffing requirements for the service or of training needs identified.
- To maintain all relevant records.
- To maintain an appropriate positive attitude at all times.
- To report any Security & Health & Safety issues to the appropriate person.
- To identify own training needs and agree key objectives with the Registered Care Manager as part of personal and team development.
- To propose ideas and initiatives to the Registered Care Manager and Management Team for continuing to improve the services of Smart Care.
- To adhere to the spirit and requirements of Smart Care’s Equality and Diversity Policy in relation to staff and clients.
- To exercise a duty of care with respect to the health and safety of all.
- Work flexibly, carrying out other tasks as required by the nature of the work and as directed by the Managing Director.