In case of written complaints:
- A written complaint will be acknowledged in writing within two working days.
- Written complaints will be dealt with by the manager, if the complaint relates to the manager the person directly senior will take charge of the complaint.
- Every written complaint will be thoroughly investigated and a written response given within 28 days (where a complaint is likely to take more than 28 days, in in a
particularly serious matter where legal advice is taken, for instance, the complaint will be notified of the delay and the reason for it.
- Our commitment is that all written complaints will be treated entirely confidentially and sensitively. Details of a complaints investigation will however be recorded in a complaints book for recording and inspection purposes.
- Any decision made by Smart Care will be fully explained. If a complaint is upheld then Smart Care will apologise and suggest a resolution to the problem.
In cases where the complaint remains unresolved:
The complaints will be referred to the registered owners of Smart Care
Where a complainant remains unhappy with the outcome of the complaints process, depending on the nature of the complaint, you should discuss the matter with the local Council Social Services, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) or refer to the local Government Ombudsman if you are not satisfied with the outcome. The LGO provides a free independent service.
You may contact the following Authorities:
Care Quality Commission National Correspondence
Newcastle upon Tyne
T: 0300 061 6161
Contact details to lodge your complaint with the local Ombudsman
T: 0300 061 0614
Smart Care contact details
T: 01932 855353