According to Age UK, almost a million older people in the UK go for more than a month without speaking to anyone. We’ve found that many clients don’t necessarily need a lot of help, but would sometimes like a companion to support them during various activities.
If there’s room in your life for someone like that, we can help. One of our Care Associates can visit you or accompany you and add a vital human element to your day. They will become a trusted, friendly face, someone to share your interests with, while offering companionship.
Clients have found that getting together with a companion helps them to feel revitalised and energised when they spend quality time with someone who understands them and is genuinely interested in them. Typical activities that SmartCare clients enjoy with a companion include:
- Walking the dog
- Going to collect pension or visiting the bank
- Shopping for food, clothes or other items
- Going to leisure activities
- Enjoying a chat over a cup of tea
- Company while doing crafts or hobbies
- Going to a day service
- Visiting a community centre
- Using public transport
- Company and transport for doctor and hospital appointments.
Your local team are able to answer your questions and work with you to design a customised plan of care that is right for you.